Living in a small space can be challenging...but, it can also be a great opportunity to clear out the clutter and force you to think about what you really want and need. When you don't have endless square footage to play with it forces you to get creative! Rather than having all my decor out at once, I'm constantly switching things up and cycling things in and out of my bedroom. This keeps the space feeling fresh. One thing people always comment on after looking at my Instagram is that they can't believe most of the photos are taken in my room because it always look so different. It's amazing how a few small styling tricks can totally change the entire look and vibe...no paint or new purchases necessary!
If your space feels like it's in a rut but you don't want blow the bank here are a few ideas:
1) Move your furniture around! This is probably obvious but this simple step can open up new possibilities and ignite your creativity.
2) Add or remove throws and pillows to give focus to different colors.
3) Switch up which items are on you bedside table, dresser, shelves etc. Simple vignettes add a lot of impact to the room.
4) Add seasonally appropriate touches. Something I do around the spring is pick wildflowers or cut fresh branches off the trees and stick them in various jars and bottles. This is also a great idea for free centerpieces.
5) Change your statement or focal pieces. Something you notice from looking at my Instagram is that I have a large blank wall above my bed that is always sporting something new. One week it'll be an old, thrifted window, the next a large wall hanging, the next a set of shelves...I've even had a blanket hanging behind the headboard! Try looking around your home and seeing what you could relocate...if nothing there is inspiring you hit your local thrift store! I've found amazing pieces for as little as $10!
Since this is something I get asked about so much I though I'd write some posts highlighting different ways small changes can make a big difference! Today, I'm showing you 3 ways to style our Reclaimed Wood Triangle Shelves! This is great example of how minor changes make a big difference!