This beautiful Remy Towel is fair trade/ethicallyhandcrafted by skilled artisans in Turkey. It is considered a Hamman Pestemel and like all Pestemels are woven by hand using time honored traditions. The artist uses the finest natural cotton and bamboo fibers on a wooden loom. Traditional Towels are Terry Cloth and are a loop weave, whereas Turkish Towels are crafted using a flat weave technique. The resulting fabric is light weight, quick drying and easy to pack...the perfect companion for all your adventures! The Remy is our most luxurious towel because it is 50% cotton and 50% silk giving it an ultra soft feel.
Besides the obvious uses (beach towel, bath towel, hair towel etc.) Turkish towels are also the perfect light shawl or blanket for traveling, picnic blanket, decorative throw, wall tapestry, scarf... The possibilities are endless!
Details You'll Enjoy
- Your purchase helps ensure the survival of awe-inspiring traditional crafts and support meaningful employment in Turkey.
- Flat weave Turkish Towels are light weight, fast drying, super absorbent and much thinner than traditional towels...perfect for packing!
- Due to the added silk the Remy is a bit less thick than our other Pestemels but is ultra soft! It's netural color scheme gives it a light and airy look.
- Each towel comes with a small Fernweh Home tag hand stitched in the corner. Tag is made by a small, family run business from recycled bamboo.
Key Product Points
- Remy measures 31x66"
- 50% Cotton, 50% Silk
- Must wash on a cold gentle cycle & hang to dry
- Please allow 3-5 business days for a shipping notification
As each Towel is 100% custom made and arrives with a unique story, color and design may deviate slightly from photos. There will be little unique details to each
Processed with VSCO with a6 preset