This beautiful Eden basket is fair trade/ethicallyhandmade by highly skilled craftsmen in a small, family artisanal workshop in Morocco. Each basket is ethically handwoven from 100% palm leaf from the doum plant. This plant grows in rural areas of Morocco and is locally harvested. The craftsmen design these baskets to have unique character and detail and they will continue to age beautifully with time and use!
A great eco friendly alternative to the plastic bag, the Eden basket has an endless possibility of uses! Carry it as classic shopping basket at the farmers market; use it as a beautiful storage option at home; fill with fresh fruits and flowers; even as a functional boho-chic purse!
Details You'll Enjoy
- Your purchase helps ensure the survival of awe-inspiring traditional artisanal crafts and support meaningful employment in Morocco.
- Ethically Made & Eco Friendly
- Sturdy woven straps for easy carrying and durability
- We love the Eden's quirky take on the traditional market basket with it's round design and spiral pattern. Functional, beautiful and full of possibilites for home and life!
- Each Basket comes with a small Fernweh Home tag hand stitched on the inside. Tag is made by a small, family run business from recycled bamboo.
Key Product Points
- Eden measures Approximately 19" in diameter
- Handwoven from 100% palm leaf from the doum plant
- If your basket becomes mis-shapen: simply dampen the palm leaf either with a spray bottle or wet cloth, re-shape as necessary and leave to dry
- Please allow 3-5 business days for a shipping notification
Please use code freeship125 to receive FREE US shipping on any purchase $125+
As each Basket is 100% handmade there will be unique details to each. Characteristics & quirks will only enhance the story and individuality of your basket.